Legions Of Crows 'Stab Me' review



LEGIONS OF CROWS
'Stab Me'
(Funeral Rain Records)

This is a duo that mixes fuzzed out black metal and doom together. Musically the band keep it in the slow to mid-paced doom range. The band does have some faster black metal guitar moments but they are few and far between. The vocals use a lot of effects, which I am not a fan of, trying to create a darker, demonic effect on their voice (I assume) but doesn't really work for this band. In fact I think it hurts, as the music is OK but the vocals totally ruined this release for me. I do respect the band for trying to be creative or whatever but it failed pretty miserably on 'Stab Me'. Hopefully they will try a different approach on the next release.
(Patrick)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NunSlaughter 'Devils Congeries Vol.I' review

NUNSLAUGHTER Devils Congeries Vol. I Hells Headbangers By now everybody and his dog should know what NunSlaughter stands for...