Nocturnal Blood 'Devastated Graves - The Morbid Celebration' review


NOCTURNAL BLOOD
'Devastated Graves – The Morbid Celebration'
(Hells Headbangers)
 
Hells Headbangers pump out new releases like nobodies business. I am not sure sometimes how they even find the time away from releasing/promoting to scour the planet for so many good new bands to release. It is evident immediately to me that Nocturnal Blood worship at the feet of Blasphemy, Archgoat and the very early works of bands like Beherit, Sodom, Incantation and Bathory. I mean the very creepy and low-fi, old school production itself just absolutely smacks of Beherit and Blasphemy. I would suggest Nocturnal likely worked hard to get that sound on this recording. The atmosphere of the recording definitely helps create a very sinister classic early days of death and black metal sound. I guess one difference between Nocturnal Blood and some of the mentioned bands is they are fairly monotone and mostly unchanging from song to song and within each track itself. Something about that just draws me in and manages to keep me there. Not something that is essential by any means but devotees of some of the above bands mentioned will doubtlessly love this.
(Dale Roy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NunSlaughter 'Devils Congeries Vol.I' review

NUNSLAUGHTER Devils Congeries Vol. I Hells Headbangers By now everybody and his dog should know what NunSlaughter stands for...