Acid Witch 'Witchtanic Hellucinations' review

ACID WITCH
'Witchtanic Hellucinations'
(Hells Headbangers)

I am not sure if this just fell out of print from the excellent label Razorback Records or what? But the album goes from strength to strength and sees a re-release now through the almighty Hells Headbangers Records. It did not take me long to find out why this album is highly sought after by such quality labels. Acid Witch play a very cool and unique brand of death doom metal. The base riffs are slow motion bulldozers ripping up the ground like it is weak flesh from bone, so heavy, added to that are these crazy spaced out guitar leads all backed with out of this world sound effects. The vocals are really deep, slow but intelligible growls that give me a classic feel; you do not hear that many newer bands doing cool vocals like this anymore. This album sort of makes me think if you took the first My Dying Bride album, sent those bands members out to space and got them hopped up on LSD the resulting album would be 'Witchtanic...' ha-ha. About the only bad thing I could possibly say and it is a minor complaint, would be some of the keyboard / organ and sound effects are kind of piercing and a tad high in the mix at times. But really it is a petty little complaint as this is an amazing death doom album. I dig it a lot, for me it actually blows away their follow up sophomore album.
(Dale Roy)

Acid Witch Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment

NunSlaughter 'Devils Congeries Vol.I' review

NUNSLAUGHTER Devils Congeries Vol. I Hells Headbangers By now everybody and his dog should know what NunSlaughter stands for...