Insidious Omen 'Anointed With The Blood Of Chaos' review


INSIDIOUS OMEN
'Anointed With The Blood Of Chaos'
(Ahdistuksen Aihio Productions)

Insidious Omen are from Canada and more specifically from the area I grew up and spent the first 25 years of my life. So immediately the band peek my interest. As near as I can tell this release was released as a 7 inch vinyl a couple years ago and there has been nothing added on here as bonus. The recording definitely reminds to me to some of the old low-fi recordings from the late 80s and early 90s before everyone could record on their computer and use that pro tools shit. Those that love a crisp, full sound on their releases will immediately want to avoid. Think of Blasphemy on their 'Fallen Angel of Doom' record, where it sounds like they are in a cave and someone is holding a microphone in the air outside the cave. I like it and some of my fave old releases sounded much like this. I mean who does not love early Beherit and the like?! There are only 3 songs on here but they are long songs ranging from the 8 to 10 minute mark. I think I have also thrown out some comparables to give you an idea of their sound. Like I mentioned early Beherit, Blasphemy, Conqueror possibly mixed with a little more ambient sounds and interludes ala Acheron on 'Rites of The Black Mass', though without the incantations and evocations. They also employ some more somber, reflective sections in between the bombardment. I enjoyed this and I am sure ardent fans of the warring metal style will also, but at the same time this is far from essential stuff.
(Dale Roy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NunSlaughter 'Devils Congeries Vol.I' review

NUNSLAUGHTER Devils Congeries Vol. I Hells Headbangers By now everybody and his dog should know what NunSlaughter stands for...