Lifeless review

LIFELESS 
‘Beyond the Threshold of Death’ 
(Ibex Moon Records)
Strangely enough, but despite being probably the biggest metal market in the world, Germany has not been able to produce a single death metal band that will make the fans of the style go apeshit wild about. And I know for a fact that there’s a myriad of death bands in the country, and that most of them are sounding well rehearsed and rather decent, still somewhat missing that little special extra bit that could elevate a band from being ‘good’ into ‘godlike’. I’d like to be proven wrong (keep your promos coming, pals) but this Lifeless’ album hardly goes against this trend. This just doesn’t seem to be as gritty and menacing sounding as their influences seem to require – and I can bet these guys are heavily into the good stuff from the 90’s. Dismember, Grave, Entombed, Deicide, Morbid Angel – everything you’d care to mention of this ilk is on here, and it shows. The songs are never sloppy and the added blast beats could be great occasionally but despite all that I’d be hardly pressed to give this album much more spins now, after my little review for it has been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NunSlaughter 'Devils Congeries Vol.I' review

NUNSLAUGHTER Devils Congeries Vol. I Hells Headbangers By now everybody and his dog should know what NunSlaughter stands for...