W.A.I.L. 'S/T' review

W.A.I.L.
'W.A.I.L.'
(Ahdistuksen Aihio)
Finland's W.A.I.L. (which stands for Wisdom Through Agony Into Illumination And Lunacy) have released a brilliant debut! 5 tracks of crushing death/doom metal, the band seems to draw a lot of inspiration from early death/doom gods such as Mournful Congregation, Thergothon, Disembowlment etc. The band is not all depressive and bleak music as the members of W.A.I.L have some dark atmosphere intertwined within the crushing dread and there are even some experimental music/sounds throughout some of the the long,epic songs. This is definitely a band that has found a musical formula that works for them and also the added influence helps the band stand out from the endless sea of death/doom bands. This is a must hear for all fans of crushing doom with some originality.
(Patrick)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NunSlaughter 'Devils Congeries Vol.I' review

NUNSLAUGHTER Devils Congeries Vol. I Hells Headbangers By now everybody and his dog should know what NunSlaughter stands for...